Friday, November 2, 2007

Joao Paulo Alvares Ruas

When I first started this blog, I wasn't sure if I wanted to post "art related" things like links to artists websites, or articles about whatever. At first I just treated it as a way to showcase my art specifically, but honestly... there is just too much amazing art out on the internets just waiting to be discovered. And I feel it's my duty as a fellow artist to share things that inspire me. Maybe it will give you some insight into the things that make me tick, or why I draw or paint the way I do. Or if you see a random drawing one day that looks like I didn't even draw it, you can look at a previous post and go... "Waaaaait a minute, he was just looking at Jon Fosters site recently!" And it all becomes clear! Anyway like I said I hope these type of posts inspire you (if anyone is actually reading this :-P ).

Joao Paulo Alvares Ruas is such a talented artist from Brazil. The combinations of influences that fuel his art create a style that is like no other. There is no doubt that after looking through his work you will have to pick up your sketchbook (at least I hope). His website is in my links section... twice (by accident, but hey... he deserves it). Here's a pretty sweet article I found on him today. Enjoy!


Joao Paulo Alvares Ruas


No comments: